NB-IoT/Cat-M --- The new future of connecting things !
- Internet of Things (IoT) is the new technology for connecting gadgets, globally to the internet. For years it has been possible to connect computers, mobilephones, industrial units and all kinds of other microprocessor controlled devices to the web.
NB-IoT/Cat-M is the network to use !
The main reasons for developing this new standard are:
- Devices will be easy to connect/install.
- NB-IoT/Cat-M transmitters will cover large areas making the devices easy to deploy.
- The transmitting/receiving parts of the NB-IoT/Cat-M devices are of low cost and very reliable.
- The NB-IoT/Cat-M devices will be very power efficient.
Some examples of the new NB-IoT/Cat-M services
- Electrical-, water- and gas- meters. These devices are ideal to connect via NB-IoT/Cat-M as they are used/installed in very large numbers. It is of interest for the provider (i.e. like the electrical company) to see the consumption of a commodity. (and could be done almost in realtime !). Installations of the NB-IoT/Cat-M devices ”en mass” can be done very fast as the installations time, per unit, will be very short. This also mean that the cost for deploying all these NB-IoT/Cat-M devices will be low.
- Facility management services (heating, doorlocks etc.)
- Alarms systems for homes & commercial properties (like cameras, microphones, firedetectors etc.).
- Health parameters -connecting people with medical services.
- Tracking of persons, animals, cars, boats and other objects.
- Smart city infrastructure such as street lamps and local traffic info.
- Connecting industrial appliances and agriculture machines.
Needed – the NB-IoT/Cat-M Tester !
To make sure You have a good signal-quality/signal-level You will need to measure !
The solution is to use the NB-IoT Tester. To measure is to know !!!
The NB-IoT/Cat-M Tester measure the signallevel in the air at a certain location. It measure continuosly and show the signalstrength with both realtime values and in the shape of thermometer scales. Using the NB-IoT/Cat-M Tester will give the installer confidence and assist to make proper documentation of each and every installationsite. Some providers will certainly demand to know about the quality of the performed work by the entrepreneur. Using the NB-IoT/Cat-M Tester will satisfy both parts.
NB-IoT/Cat-M Tester Supports 2G/3G/4G LTE Cat NB1, NB2, LTE Cat-M1, GPRS, EDGE.
Smart Scandinavian Box AB – SB Scandinavia AB
Also manufactures the fusion splicer; EasySplicer mk2
Sister company Emitor International AB making instruments for the Digital-TV world. www.emitor.se
Smart Scandinavian Box AB
SE-120 40 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: + 46 (0)8 5333 40 70
Mobile: +46 (0)70 540 04 75